#OneWord2018

“Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it’s less good than the one you had before. You can fight it, you can do nothing but scream about what you’ve lost or you can accept that and try to put something together that’s good”. This is the one word I chose for 2018, which is resilience. This is a word that I feel can motivate and help me accomplish most of my goals in this new happy year. It represents and describes everything I need in order to achieve the goals I have. I chose this word because throughout the most rough times I will have this year, I want something that I could just think of to motivate me and make me grow stronger as a person. The three main aspects of my life I would really want to use this word for is my family, sports and school aspects. This year if any negative thing were to occur in my family, I would just try to be strong and try to make my word motivate me to its fullest ability. I’m going to stay resilient through anything I go through this year. I’m not going to give up on my basketball game. I’m going to keep on practicing until I get to the point where I feel I have succeeded to my best ability. In school I want to just keep going and moving forward to bigger and better things, even through rough times. If I don’t feel well, if I don’t feel like I am in the mood for it, I will not accept it as an excuse. Living my word will change my life a whole lot. It will make me be much more productive in the things I really want accomplish to make my family and I really proud. This year is the year that one word changes me as a person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outsiders Going Beyond the Book: Making Connections

Don’t Doubt Me

Somebody Up There Hates You